In the first instance, your Table of Cover, which is accessible via our Member Portal, will give you a complete list of the benefits on your policy.
However, you may need to seek confirmation that you are covered for a particular treatment or hospital procedure.
In these instances you will need to call us.
In order for Irish Life Health to confirm cover for procedures we need to receive some treatment specific information. The information we require is:
1. Your Irish Life Health insurance plan name and start date.
2. Your length of private health insurance coverage (to confirm whether any waiting periods might be applicable)
3. Your consultant’s name (to confirm participation and specialty)
4. The procedure name or code. The code is a 3–4 digit number specific to the exact procedure being carried out.
5. The treatment location, i.e. the hospital. This is needed to confirm that it is covered on your plan.
All of these details can be provided to you by your consultant who would have a full list of all relevant procedure codes for this treatment.